Winter Sports Safety
Winter is a great time to participate in outdoor recreational activities such as tobogganing, ice skating, snowshoeing, skiing, hockey, and snowboarding.
That being said, every year, many Canadians become seriously injured after participating in these activities.
Here are a few tips to avoid injuries while doing winter sports this season:
- Wear proper and well-fitting helmets, wrist guards, knee pads, or other protective gear.
- Take time to learn proper technique for the activity you are participating in.
- Avoid excessive speed or risky behavior.
- Follow the rules and pay attention to the conditions around you.
- Ensure to communicate your anticipated outdoor route and itinerary in advance to family members or friends.
- Keep hydrated.
- Stop or slow down if you start feeling fatigued.
Have fun and play safe out there!